Wednesday, 21 April 2010

Muscat Recipes – Duck with Figs, Grapes and Muscat

Muscat has just the desired amount of residual sugar (or sweetness) and enough acidity to cut through fatty ingredients like foie gras and duck. It also has wonderful floral and citrus notes without actually having to add additional ingredients. This recipe is rich, fragrant and quite simply delicious.

Duck with Figs, Grapes and Muscat

2 large duck breasts
300g of red grapes
40g raisins
6 ripe figs
15cl Muscat
Salt & Pepper

Rehydrate the raisins in Muscat. Rinse the figs, then cut into 2. With the tip of a knife score the skin on the duck breasts and cook in a frying pan over medium heat. Keep 2 tablespoons of melted fat, discard the rest. Return the duck breasts and continue cooking 3 or 4 minutes. Add salt and pepper, keep warm. In the same pan, add the figs, raisins and grapes. Cook for 4 minutes, stirring gently. Pepper. Slice the duck breasts, place them on plates and surround them with fruit and juice.

4 comments:

Pam said...

Oh, I must try this! My hubby loves duck and so do several neighbors who would gobble it up! We usually have it at holiday time and now we will have to have it soon. Love the fruit and wine with it. Thanks!

tasteofbeirut said...

Another winning recipe! I must get a hold of some duck breasts, I am tired of drooling and must act!

lostpastremembered said...

Well, I found a place in NYC with Muscat de Saint Jean de Minervois... once I pick it up I am ready to start cooking. I am loving all your recipes, Sue!

Sue said...

Thanks! I must admit I love duck and I save the fat from the roast to do roast potatoes - heaven!