Friday, 7 August 2009

Guignolet

Guignolet is a French wild cherry liqueur which is widely available in France, but is not widely available internationally. The leading producer is the company Giffard in Angers, France, the same town where Cointreau is produced. The Cointreau brothers have been instrumental in its reinvention, the original recipe having been lost.

Guignolet takes its name from guigne, one of a few species of cherry used in its production. (Black cherries and sour cherries are also used.) It has an alcohol content between 16 and 18º proof (12%) and has an aroma vaguely reminiscent of whiskey and a very sweet taste.

3 comments:

chad said...

Hi Sue,

I own a Liquor Distribution company in Seattle, Washington, USA and we specialize in Imports. I would like to know if you would be carious in discussing some possible business opportunities with us. If you're interested in finding out more about what my company can do for you here in the States, then please don't hesitate to contact me at chadbmcgee@gmail.com. I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.

Respectfully,

Chad Mcgee
J & C International
Sales + Marketing
206.849.2423

Anonymous said...

The info you have shared here has been copied word for word on the following wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guignolet

Not sure if you are affiliated, but I just wanted to let you know.

~kev

Sue said...

Thanks for letting me know Kev.

I'm not affiliated in anyway but am happy for them to use it :-)