Wednesday, 6 February 2008

Paul Newman Wine

Actor Paul Newman has added wine to his Newman's Own brand of food products. The Westport-based food company, which donates all after-tax profits and royalties to charity, has announced a partnership with the Rebel Wine Co. to create a California Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon. The grapes come from coastal California.

The labels feature Newman's face as well as drawings of two hats that Newman wore as Butch in "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid." A cowboy hat is on the Chardonnay label and there is a bowler hat on the Cabernet label.

Images Courtesy of www.flickr.com

3 comments:

Jeannie said...

Hi Sue! I have come over here via Blue's blog - I saw Nick's comments on hers.

I love wine so this is another one for my regular links.

What a good idea for the Paul Newman wine to be donating to charity via the wine. Excellent.

Jeannie from Scotland

Jeannie said...

Hi Sue! You have been added!

Jeannie x

Blue said...

Hi Sue,

Nick asked if I would give you the link re my Blue Roses post of yesterday, but woe is me, I've come without it - forgot to copy, ready to paste here. Sorry, if visit me @ http://ifonlyifonlyid.blogspot.com you'll find it.

Think it's a great idea to have a ladies take on wines.

Best wishes
Blue